Monday, October 25, 2010

Pigs are worth their weight in...Bronze.

So I've been having a great month and I just finished a great Family Home Evening with my singles ward. We did a pumpkin carving contest. I found a pumpkin that really spoke to me with a little "curly-q" on the top. As I was cleaning the inside it came to me to do a pumpkin. I had a great time carving it and won the bronze medal (beaded necklaces) for most creative. It was fun. Here are pics of Mister Piggy...maybe I should make piggy pie :)!!!!!


Mister Piggy himself


Bronze medal winner for Most Creative!




Other things that have happened this month are the following. I was able to go home for a few days when we had fall break. Since I haven't found a good hair stylist in Salt lake I resort to my Pocatello lady. Christine highlighted my hair again and cut it. I love it. Also I was able to visit my grandfather and step-grandmother. Well, I guess their apple tree. It was fun to pick apples with my family, aunt, uncle and grandpa. It was fun to see my 80 year old grandpa climb a ladder onto the roof of the building while my 18 year old brother and myself held ladders...seriously...shouldn't that be switched. Anyways, because of this adventure I was able to bring home lots of apples. I made apple crisp for the first time on Saturday and I LOVE IT! I am going to make another one and bring it in for Teacher work day for work on Friday. We went to Thanksgiving point to the Cornbelly's pumpkin patch with my school for a field trip. It was pretty fun. A little bit stressful but other than that great to see my kids excited. I went to a Halloween Dance on Friday and am going to a party this weekend. So much fun! I love the holidays! I'm excited for Halloween and all the fun it brings being a teacher.

The many apples we picked...


My new do..


Until next time blogger stalkers!

No comments:

Post a Comment