Saturday, May 9, 2009

Play-Doh or Dough



I love Play-Doh and Play-Dough. The brand Play-Doh smells really good. I know that is weird but one summer a friend and I found a lotion that smelt like it. Sad to say it was discontinued but it was great while it lasted. I have always loved playing with play-dough ever since I was a small child. Mushing it around in my hands and seeing what I can make have always been the best parts of it.

Here are some recent experiences with Play-Doh and Play-Dough:


As a toddler teacher, I have the opportunity to play with a fun concauction called play-dough. It is a great sensorial activity. I find that is can be a stress reliever or a way to let my imagination go wild. One friday for the art project my kids and I actually made play-dough. It was so fun. They each got to pour the ingredients into the bowl and stir it. They even got to pick the color. I finished it and now it is something that they love to do. A parent told me a while back that her daughter asks to "play play-dough" at home. This parent repsonded to her child "at school you get to play with play-dough." This happened not long after that child had helped us make the play-dough. It was great to see that such a fun activity for myself to do was also such a hit with the children I work with!

I was given a very tiny container of play-doh for valentine's day from one of my kids. It was sitting on my very messy table in my room for a long time before I even played with it. Now I open it and play with it almost everytime I am at the computer. I play with it while the computer is turning on, while I am reading something or even when I am wasting time just sitting here thinking. It passes time when I am watching shows online or just to keep me occupied! I love it!!

When I was home for Easter I was over at my best friend's house. She and her husband had taken their toddler to an easter egg hunt. The best thing that she found was a container of play-doh. While I was over there she was making different things with the play-doh and then having her husband "pretend eat or play" with them. She gave me some of it and we made a hamburger, fries and a drink all on a plate. It took us about 15 minutes or more to finish and make it look wonderful. We showed her husband and then we smashed it. It was funny to me that we had spent all this time working on something and in 2 seconds it was ruined. It makes me think of how important being in the moment is.

I encourage all of my blogger stalkers to express your inner child with play-doh or play-dough. Go and buy a container of it and you will be entertained for hours. There are many different things that can come from one container. It will be well worth your time.


PS. If you are looking for ideas of what to do with your play-doh. I went to the Play-Doh website and found this link. Check it out for fun ideas to try! http://www.hasbro.com/playdoh/en_US/FreshIdeas.cfm


My latest and greatest with the Play-Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment