Friday, May 22, 2009

Seahorse class projects with a wonderful co-teacher!

I had a fabulous day at work today. My co-teacher, Erica, and I finished our beach scene on our big bulletin board in our classroom. It looks fantastic. When I first started working with her we had a mountain scene with houses and such. The kids in our class do the art and then we cut it into the shape that we want it to be. Well since it is summer we decided to do a beach scene. Everything on there including the clouds are all the kids art work (except the buckets). Erica told me that a child in our class noticed that Mr. Sun was on both boards. She said he was saying "Mr. Sun over there and Mr. Sun over there." Super cute! I love my kids!!!!


Another project that we did a while back was our smaller board. The kids did butterfly paintings where you put the paint on one side of the paper, fold it over and spread it out. Erica decided to do butterfly paintings where the kids got to step on the paper to spread the paint around. She made it in the shape of a butterfly as well. When that was finished I decided to make a garden with flowers. It is wonderful. The kids love it!

My last project but really the first of the three to be finished was my tree. My kids were learning about leaves or trees one day and they colored a big piece of butcher paper brown. Then we had them color papers green so we could cut out leaves. I saw a co-worker doing a 3D bush and had the idea to make a tall tree. So my tree top is 3D and the leaves and trunk are made by the kids.

I love working with an amazing co-teacher. She keeps me positive and upbeat all day long. We think the same and if one person doesn't do something the other one will. She was so sweet and got me fingernail clippers for Teacher Appreciation Week the other day. When my purse was stolen out of my car so were my fingernail clippers that were in my purse. I mentioned it once or twice that I was sad about losing them and she remembered and got some for me. She is awesome and I love working with her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment